Kjottkaker or Norwegian MeatballsFrom esilenna 6 years ago
- 400 grams Mince (ground beef) shopping list
- 1 pinch powdered ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons potato flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water (or as required) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the meat in a large mixing bowl and add the salt, pepper, and ginger before mixing well.
- Finely chop a medium onion and add to the bowl, knead well to combine the ingredients.
- Crack an egg into a glass and whisk well before adding to the meat, again knead well to combine.
- Sprinkle the potato flour over the meat and work it well into the mixture. If the consistency is not loose enough add water, a little at a time, always mixing well. If the mix is too loose, add a little more potato flour.
- Fashion into small patties, and brown on both sides in a pan before placing in a pot of Brunsaus/ Kjottkakesaus and simmering for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and brunsaus/ kjottkakesaus. Many people also enjoy some cranberry jam (US: jelly) or sauerkraut with their kjottkaker.
- This recipe serves four small, three normal, or two greedy appetites.