Spicy Roast ChickenFrom esilenna 6 years ago
How to make it
- Skin the chicken, and remove the parson's nose, wing tips and leg tips.
- Using a sharp knife, make short, deep cuts all over the chicken.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, and mix well.
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken, making sure to work it well into the incisions. Save the remaining marinade.
- Place the chicken in a roasting dish, cover it with cling film/plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, and (preferably) allow to achieve room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 200C/ 400F
- Spread the remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Pour the water into the roasting tin and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Baste the chicken and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Baste the chicken and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Baste the chicken again, and roast for a final 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from oven and transfer it to a serving dish
- Pour any remaining roasting juices over the chicken, and serve immediately.
- Serves two greedy people.