Angel Food CakeFrom sunny 8 years ago
How to make it
- In large bowl, using a mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar at high speed until foamy. Add 3/4 cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks. Beat in flavorings.
- Sift together flour, remaining sugar and salt. Sift about 1/2 cup of the flour mixture over whites and gently fold just until flour disappears. Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time. Pour into ungreased 10 x 3 3/4-inch Angel Food pan. Gently cut through batter with metal spatula.
- Bake in preheated 375 F oven until top springs back when lightly touched with finger, about 30 to 40 minutes. Cool completely, in pan, about 1 1/2 hours. With narrow spatula or knife, loosen cake from pan and gently shake onto serving plate.
People Who Like This Dish 22
- Celeste_from_Allrecipes Santa Rosa, CA
- Stellasmom Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- MeiBaker Nowhere, Us
- UnicornLover My House, Somewhere
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- Bonnylu Nowhere, Us
- nocturnalife North West Corner, IL
- margic Orillia, Canada
- wmusgrove Nowhere, Us
- mj1998 Amman, JO
- Plus 12 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
This is on my waiting list!! thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Worked great. I had never made angel food cake before, and was a little daunted. But the instructions were easy to follow, and this cake is great companion for homemade custard (custard uses the yolks, this uses the whites, and they go great togeth...moreBonnylu in loved it