Apple Pecan Bread PuddingFrom jennywren 6 years ago
- 1-cup pecans--coarsely chop shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 8 slices raisin bread--diced shopping list
- 2 cups Half & Half or milk shopping list
- 2 medium apples-green shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter--melted shopping list
- 1 tsp.cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.nutmeg shopping list
- vanilla ice cream(Opt.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden,about 8-10 mins,stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile,place bread cubes in a greased 3 qt.or larger slow cooker.
- Peel,core and thinly slice the apples.
- Mix lightly together the sugar,cinnamon and nutmeg,add eggs and mix well.
- Blend in half and half or milk and then stir in bourbon or brandy.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low until apples are tender when pierced and custard is set;about 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Let pudding stand,covered,for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with Ice Cream,if desired.