Chicken Breasts with Louisiana Crawfish SauceFrom raventx1 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- Sprinkle Tony Chachere's creole seasoning shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Tony Chachere's creole seasoning shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or reduce 1/2 cup broth to 1 tbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, combine onions, celery, bell peppers, 1/4 c green onions, 1/2 lb finely chopped crawfish tails, and 1/2 lb crab meat (canned lump is fine).
- Saute in olive oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add bread crumb and dash of salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- After washing chicken, flatten to about 1/8" thick.
- Season with sprinkle of Tony's.
- Place about 2 oz of reserved mixture onto one side of chicken and roll, securing open side with skewers or toothpicks.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Deep fry chicken in hot oil about 3 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Place chicken onto cookie sheet and bake at 375 F 25-30 minutes.
- Saute remainder of green onions and whole crawfish tails in olive oil until onions are tender.
- Warm heavy cream over medium heat.
- Add creole seasoning, chicken base (or reduced broth), crawfish and onion mixture.
- In separate pan, make blonde roux by cooking butter and flour until thick and golden brown.
- Add to sauce and cook over low heat until thick.
- Serve stuffed chicken over cooked pasta and cover with crawfish sauce.