Super Easy Beer BreadFrom ajchafe 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 375 Fahrenheit/190 Celsius
- Sift or whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl
- pour in beer
- Mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the wet and dry are just incorporated. The mix will be thicker than a cake batter but softer than dough.
- Spread into a small, greased loaf pan (I use a pan that's 4 inches by 7 inches)
- Place on middle rack, and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
- Optional: Remove bread five minutes early, glaze the top of the bread with melted butter, or an egg white mixed with a bit of water, bake for last five minutes. For adding extra ingredients and flavors, I add most things to the dry ingredients (Cheese, apple, spices, Herbs). For honey or other liquid flavors, I add it after I add the beer and have mixed the batter.
The Cookajchafe St Johns, CA
The Rating2 people
We love beer bread - I love the Super Easy part
Thanks!rml in loved it
I'm curious, why not light beer?
That was all I had so I tried it anyway. It didn't rise very much (but was still light), is that because of the light beer?
It was still super delicious though! My kids are eating it warm out...moreCHS001 in Guelph loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!