Creamy Herbed Pork ChopsFrom cathyp 5 years ago
- 4 pork chops, cut 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 Tbsp margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 Tbsp snipped parsley shopping list
- 2 tsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, thyme or tarragon, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp instant beef bouilon granules shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk or light cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine or water shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook chops in margarine or butter over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn chops and add carrot.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes more or till no pink remains.
- Remove chops,reserving drippings and carrot.
- For sauce, stir parsley, flour, basil, thyme or tarragon, bouillon granules and 1/4 tsp pepper into drippings and carrot.
- Add milk or light cream all at once.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in wine or water.
- Return chops to skillet and heat through.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chops.
- Cheesy Pork Chops: Prepare as above, except stir 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or swiss cheese into tsauce after thickened. Stir till melted.
- Curried Pork Chops: Prepare as above, except omit carrot. After removing chops from skillet, add 1 cored, thinly sliced apple to skillet and cook for 1 minute. Substitute 1/2 to 1 tsp curry powder for the herb.
- Caraway Pork Chops: Prepare as above except substitute caraway seed for the herb and 3/4 cup beer for the milk and wine.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- cathyp Temple, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcathyp Temple, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!