PARCHMENT WRAPPED CHICKENFrom lorisrecipes 7 years ago
- 2 whole chicken breasts shopping list
- Skinned and boned shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Ginger juice* shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 6 green onions with tops -- cut shopping list
- Into 2 inch lengths and shopping list
- Slivered shopping list
- 1/3 cup Chopped walnuts shopping list
- 8 8 inch squares of parchment paper shopping list
How to make it
- INGREDIENTS Cut chicken into thin, narrow strips, about 3 inches long.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger juice and sugar in large bowl; stir in
- chicken, let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over bean sprouts; let stand one minute.
- Drain; cool under cold water and drain well.
- Thoroughly toss chicken mixture with bean sprouts, green onions and
- Place about 1/2 cupful of chicken mixture in center of each parchment
- square. Fold bottom point of parchment over filling; crease just below
- filling and fold point over and under filling. Fold side points over
- filling, overlapping slightly. Crease paper to hold folds. Fold
- remaining corner down so point extends below bottom of bundle; tuck
- this point between folded sides. Crease paper to hold folds. Repeat
- with remaining parchment squares. (Ends up looking like small envelope,
- with flap tucked under bundle) Place bundles seam side down, in single
- layer on steamer rack. Set rack in large pot or wok of boiling water.
- (Do not let water level reach the bundles) Cover and steam about 7
- minutes or until chicken is tender. Serve immediately *Peel fresh
- ginger root, then squeeze through garlic press
The Cooklorisrecipes CA
- Not added to any groups yet!