Quick Bread StuffingFrom a_fuego_lento 7 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, washed and chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- 8 slices sandwich bread, cubed (better if it's day-old bread, but fresh works ok too) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 T. chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 T. dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 T. dried dill shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1-1.5 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 T. olive oil (or butter) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add carrots, celery and onion, sautée on medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, continue cooking and stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Add herbs, bay leaf, and cubed bread. Stir well and try to coat the bread in some of the juices from the veggies and olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, turn flame down to medium-low, stir, trying to get the bread to soak up the liquid. If it looks too dry, add more chicken broth and stir, little by little. It should total between 1 and 1.5 cups liquid in the end, you don't want to have any excess liquid in the skillet.
- Taste and salt/pepper again if necessary.
- Cover and simmer on low for another 5-10 min until the carrots and celery are tender.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- a_fuego_lento New York, ES
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooka_fuego_lento New York, ES
- Not added to any groups yet!