Beef Patties with GravyFrom nicholeb 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 c beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp powdered onion shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour (all-purpose) shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 c finely cut onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp sherry for cooking shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c crumbled bread shopping list
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine bread crumbs, ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, powdered onion, powdered garlic, Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Out of the mixture, make 8 balls and then shape into patties.
- In a large-sized skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Brown the onion and patties in oil (cooking each side around 4 minutes). Transfer patties to a plate, making sure they stay warm.
- Gently pour flour on top of the beef drippings and onions left behind in the skillet. Using a fork, scrape beef pieces from the bottom of pan while mixing in flower. Stir in sherry and beef broth slowly. Sprinkle seasoning salt over, and for 5 minutes simmer over medium to low heat and stir frequently. When the gravey becomes thick: put patties in gravy, cover, and simmer over low heat for an additional 15 minutes.
The Cooknicholeb Elk Grove, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!