Orange-Almond Asian SaladFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/3 C sugar shopping list
- 1/2 C vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 C Distilled vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbl. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 1 head bok choy or romaine lettuce, rinsed shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions shopping list
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles shopping list
- 4 ounces slivered almonds shopping list
- 2 ounces sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a saucepan; boil for 1 minute; let cool.
- Cut off the root end of the bok choy. Seperate the leaves; rinse, drain and tear into bitesize pieces.
- Chop the green onions. Place in a large bowl.
- Break the uncooked noodles into a skillet (discard or save the noodle seasoning packets to use in a recipe calling for a boullion cube.)
- Add the nuts and seeds.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat 10 minutes or until brown.
- Toss with all other ingredients.