Buffalo Chicken MeatballsFrom mamafrog 6 years ago
- 2 lb. ground chicken shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. pepper shopping list
- 3 tbsp. Frank’s Redhot buffalo wing sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Frank’s Redhot buffalo wing sauce shopping list
- blue cheese Dipping Sauce shopping list
- --------------------------------------- shopping list
- 1 part light mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 part light sour cream shopping list
- 1 part crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 1 part buttermilk shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- garlic powder, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ground chicken in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour the bread crumb mixture into the bowl with the ground chicken and add the beaten egg and the 3 tbsp. of buffalo sauce. Mix together thoroughly.
- Put the ground chicken mixture to a baking sheet and divide the meat in half again and again until you get 32 sections of meat. Shape each of these into a meatball.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. In batches, brown the meatballs on all sides. Once browned transfer back to the baking sheet.
- Pour about half a cup of the remaining buffalo sauce over the browned meatballs on the baking sheet. Roll the meatballs around in the sauce to coat all sides. Use more buffalo sauce if neccessary.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 165 degrees.
- Pour the remaining buffalo sauce over the meatballs to taste. Serve with blue cheese dressing or dipping sauce.
- Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. You might want to use more or less of the buttermilk to get it to your desired consistency.
The Cookmamafrog Elizabeth, PA
The Rating1 people
I thought this recipe was great! I had to grind my own chicken but other than that, it's a very easy recipe. I'm on Weight Watchers and figured out I could have 4 meatballs and 1/4 cup of the bleu cheese dipping sauce for 7 points. Not too bad!raes_gamma in loved it