Spicy Sausage JambalayaFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 8-oz. turkey andouille sausage, sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1 green or yellow pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 can (14.5-oz.) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice shopping list
- 8 oz. chicken tenders, each cut crosswise in half shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, slice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 12" skillet on medium until hot.
- Add sausage and pepper and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes with the juice, rice, chicken, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 tsp. salt, heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low ans simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from skillet heat and stir in green onions.
- Each Serving:
- 265 calories, 26 grams protein, 30 grams carbs., 6 grams total fat (2 grams saturated), 4 grams fiber, 73 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium