Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Apple GravyFrom cathyp 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 lbs pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat and connective tissue shopping list
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus some for the pan shopping list
- Leaves from 8 fresh thyme sprigs , coarsely chopped and 4 whole thyme sprigs shopping list
- salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, chopped shopping list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 heaping Tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 cup apple juice or cider shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 bunch of fresh chives, chopped. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Rub the tenderloins with the 3 Tbsp olive oil, chopped thyme and a liberal amount of salt and pepper.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan with oil an arrange tenderloins on the pan.
- Roast the pork for 25 minutes.
- They will be slightly pink inside; if you prefer the pork well done, cook an additional 5 minutes.
- For the sweet apply gravy. preheat a skillet over medium high with butter.
- When the butter melts, add the onions, garlic, red pepper, whole thyme sprigs and a little salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to take the same color, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour in and continue to cook the onions for 1 minute, then whisk in the wine and apple juice.
- Bring the mixture up to a bubble and add the stock.
- Bring that up to a simmer and continue to cook the gravy over medium heat until it's thick.
- Discard the thyme stems, then stire in the chopped chives.
- To assembel, slice the tenderlois thin and pile the meat on a platter.
- Drizzle the slices with teh sweet apple gravy.
The Cookcathyp Temple, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!