Marinated goats cheese spreadFrom kdt 8 years ago
- 1 lb plain goats' cheese (I use a low fat one) shopping list
- About 20-25 calamata olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- About 8-10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I use ones that come marinated in vinaigrette) shopping list
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- Fistful of Italian parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
- Very large, rubbed pinches each of dried marjoram, rosemary & thyme shopping list
- 5-8 medium sized cloves of garlic, smashed, sliced & slivered/cubed shopping list
- Sometimes (but not often) I add a pinch of dried chillies shopping list
How to make it
- Find a generous platter with highish sides. Oil it with a good olive oil, then spread over its bottom, in the order listed above, each of the ingredients.
- Then pour in ever-widening circles over entire area about 1-1/2 cups olive oil (the recipe calls for that; I usually use a lot less, more like 1/2 cup)
- Cover platter with plastic wrap and let it sit for at least 3 hours at room temperature or longer (even overnight) in refrigerator. Let it warm up a bit before serving if you refrigerate. Serve it with crackers.
- Note: I usually make a 1/2 recipe - 1 lb is a LOT of goat!