Kamut wild rice amp cranberry saladFrom biceps15 6 years ago
- * 1 cup kamut shopping list
- * 1 cup wild rice shopping list
- * 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- * 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- * 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- * 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- * 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- * 1/4 cup extra light olive oil shopping list
- * 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- * dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- * salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place kamut in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Soak overnight. Pour off water. Add 1 cup fresh water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 50 - 60 minutes or until tender. (Most of the water should be absorbed.) Remove from heat and cool.
- Wash wild rice and place in a medium saucepan with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and boil gently for 40 - 50 minutes or until tender. (Do not over cook, which makes the rice mushy.) Remove from heat and drain off any remaining liquid. Cool. In a large bowl, combine kamut, rice, dried cranberries, carrots, onions, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a pint jar, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Mix well and pour over rice mixture. Stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Hint: Save time by making the wild rice and kamut a day or two ahead.