Pea guacamole in a parmesan basketFrom lohashim 7 years ago
- For the parmesan basket: shopping list
- 75g/2¾oz parmesan, grated shopping list
- For the pea guacamole: shopping list
- 150g/5½oz peas, cooked in boiling water and refreshed in iced water shopping list
- 50g/1¾fl oz Greek yoghurt shopping list
- pinch dried chilli flakes shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- To make the parmesan basket, place a sheet of greaseproof paper onto a baking sheet.
- Place the grated parmesan cheese in a pile onto the paper.
- Place into the oven to bake for eight minutes, until the cheese has melted into a flat round.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for one minute, until the cheese round begins to become firm.
- Carefully shape the parmesan round into a basket shape by pressing it over the back of a dariole mould, leave to cool and set.
- To make the pea guacamole,
- place the peas and yoghurt into a bowl and mash together to a paste.
- Add the chilli flakes and herbs and mix well.
- Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, place the parmesan basket in the centre of a plate and spoon in the pea guacamole.