Spinach LasagnaFrom mtrevino57 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon margarine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 6 each garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup canned Italian tomatoes (with liquid), drain and dice tomatoes reserving liquid 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon each of oregano and basil leaves, divided shopping list
- 2 packages 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 11 ounces shredded Jack cheese divided pieces) shopping list
- 3 cups sliced mushroom shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided shopping list
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna macaroni (12x3 inch, cooked according to directions. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 10-inch skillet heat margarine over medium heat until bubbly and hot; add mushrooms and sauté occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned and cooked through(2 to 3 minutes).
- 2. Remove from heat and set aside. In 3-quart saucepan heat oil over medium heat; add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are softened.
- 3. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, 3/4 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, basil, and oregano, and bay leave; mix well.
- 4. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes; remove and discard bay leaf.
- 5. In medium mixing bowl combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, mixing well. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6. In 13x9x2-inch baking dish spread ½ cup tomato mixture; arrange half of the lasagna macroni lengthwise in dish, overlapping edges slightly. Spread half of the spinach mixture evenly over macaroni and top with half of the mushrooms; spread ½ cup of the tomato mixture over mushrooms and sprinkle with half of the Monterey Jack Cheese.
- 7. Arrange remaining macaroni crosswise in dish cutting macaroni to fit and overlapping edges slightly.
- 8. Spread remaining spinach mixture, over macaroni, top with remaining mushrooms, tomato mixture, and Monterey Jack Cheese.
- 9. Bake until lasagna is cooked through and cheese is lightly browned, 40-50 minutes.