Oriental Beef SaladFrom mystic75 6 years ago
- lb. boneless beef sirloin OR top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1/4 c dry sherry shopping list
- 1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons. vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 6-oz. package frozen pea pods, defrosted shopping list
- 4 c. lettuce, thinly sliced shopping list
- Crisp chow mien noodles (optional) shopping list
- red bell pepper slices (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef steak into 1/8-inch thick strips.
- Combine sherry, soy sauce and cornstarch; pour over strips, stirring to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons. oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and pea pods; reserve.
- Drain marinade from beef and reserve.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry beef strips (1/2 at a time), 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return vegetables, beef and marinade to wok; cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve beef mixture over lettuce. Garnish if desired.
The Cookmystic75 Klang, MY
- Not added to any groups yet!