Rave Review Coconut CakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 box yellow cake mix shopping list
- 4 ounce serving vanilla instant pudding and pie filling shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups water shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 2 cups flake coconut shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 2 cups coconut shopping list
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons milk shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Blend cake mix, pudding, water, eggs and oil in large mixer bowl then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Stir in coconut and pecans then pour into 3 greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- Fill and frost with coconut cream cheese frosting.
- To make frosting melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Add coconut then stir constantly over low heat until golden brown.
- Spread coconut on paper towel to cool.
- Cream 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese.
- Add milk and sugar alternately beating well.
- Add vanilla then stir in 1-3/4 cup of the coconut.
- Spread on tops and sides of cake layers.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!