Pesto And NoodlesFrom vj 8 years ago
- 12oz pasta (a penne or elbow is nice because it will capture sauce) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts shopping list
- either homemade vegan pesto or store bought (about half a package -- I used Rising Moon Organics Vegan pine nut and basil pesto) shopping list
- 1 15oz can of cannellini or great northern or white beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup chiffonaded fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a fry pan on the stovetop (keep an eye on it though -- it can burn in a flash)
- About 2-3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the frozen peas.
- When the pasta is ready, take out a 1/3 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta and peas, and then place in a large bowl. Add the drained beans, and stir to combine.
- Begin adding the pesto, a spoonful at a time. You want to flavor the pasta, but not overwhelm it with sauce. At the point that the pasta and beans and peas appear lightly covered, taste for seasoning. You may need to add more pesto, salt or pepper. Or if you'd like it a bit more saucy, add the pasta water and/or olive oil.
- Garnish with the chiffonaded fresh basil and serve immediately!
The Cookvj Portland, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!