Beet And Potato Vinegret SaladFrom crainny 9 years ago
- 1 large beet root shopping list
- 4 large potatoes with skin shopping list
- 3 large carrots shopping list
- 4 large garlic dill pickles or 2 cups of sauer kraut, drained, squeezed and chopped shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion shopping list
- optional - 1 small can green peas, drained shopping list
- salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- olive oil and a bit of white vinegar for dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Cook beets and carrots together and potatoes separately, because they are cooking faster.
- All veggies should be cooked through but not mushy.
- Drain water and let veggies cool.
- The idea is to cut all ingredients in as uniform way as possible - small dice (see photo).
- If you like to preserve each vegetable's natural color, cut beet root first, and pour 1-2 tbsp olive oil on it. Turn to coat. Then add other veggies. Oil will prevent beets from coloring others.
- Anyway, chop all veggies in a uniform way and mix together.
- Add salt, pepper, oil and vinegar to taste.
- Chill for 1-2 hours
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over before serving