Classic French Onion SoupFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- 4 cups sweet onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely choped shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine shopping list
- 5 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine or sherry shopping list
- 8 tsp beef flavor instant bouillon or 8 bouillon cubes shopping list
- 6 slices French bread shopping list
- 6 slices swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- in large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in margarine until golden brown. Add water, sherry and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to blend flavors.
- Place soup in 6 ovenproff bowls. op each with a bread slice and then the cheese. Broil until cheese melts. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.