Vegetable Puree Soup with PastaFrom ivy 8 years ago
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and deseeded shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 courgettes, chopped shopping list
- 3 - 4 stalks of celery shopping list
- 1 potato, cubed shopping list
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 4 spoonfuls of olive oil shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 dash of dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 cup of very small pasta shopping list
- 4 spoonfuls of fresh cream shopping list
- A dash of paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Before doing anything else, wash the bell pepper and place it in a small roasting tin. Wet it with a few drops of olive oil and a pinch of salt and roast for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
- When roasted on one side turn it on the other side. Remove and place in a plastic bag for five minutes and then peel and deseed.
- In a large pan place all the vegetables and six glasses of water and bring to a boil, add the oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic and simmer. When the pepper is ready add it in as well. Add the bay leaf and leave it to boil only for 10 minutes and then discard.
- When the vegetables are soft remove with a slotted ladle in a bowl or a strainer to cool down.
- Add the pasta, which needs 20 minutes to be ready.
- Puree the vegetables in the food processor and add to the pasta.
- When the pasta is ready, remove from the heat, add the fresh cream and stir.
- Serve and sprinkle with a dash of paprika.
The Cookivy Whereabouts, Unknown
- Not added to any groups yet!