Roast Venison LoinFrom frantic 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine seasoning ingredients and rub into the venison loin
- Add oil to the loin (as it is very lean) and roll it into the herb mix
- Get a roasting pan very hot on the top of the stove and sear the meat on all sides to retain the juices
- Add the fresh rosemary and garlic and roast for 15-20 minutes
- Rest the meat for 15 mins
- Take out of the pan and add butter and red wine to the pan to utilise the pan juices
- Reduce this mixture to make the sauce
- Cut into 1cm (1/2") thick slices and serve with baked potatoes, say, Potatoes Anna.
The Cookfrantic Cleve, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!