Stuffed Cabbage with Cranberry and Tomato SauceFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 11/2lbs. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/3 c. uncooked parboiled(converted ) rice shopping list
- 1 lg. egg shopping list
- 3/4tsp. allspice shopping list
- (ground) shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2tsp pepper shopping list
- 12 savoy cabbage leaves(see Note) shopping list
- 1 can(16oz.)whole-berry cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1 can(14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with onion and garlic shopping list
- 1/2c raisins(preferably golden) shopping list
- 1/3c packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4c fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- 5qt. or larger slow cooker
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon a slightly rounded 1/4c of mixture on bottom center of each cabbage leaf;turn in sides and roll up.
- Stack in cooker,seam side down. Top with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 7 hours or until cabbage is soft and meat mixture cookecd through.
- Note: The crinkled leaves of savoy cabbage are quite soft and pliable,so precooking is unnecessary. Cut the hard rib from each leaf.If savoy cabbage is unavailable,freeze a head of regular cabbage at least 24 hours. As the head thaws,the leaves should become soft and peel off easily.