Cheddar-Cheese Poppy Seed BiscuitsFrom wdsdy 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, pepper, cayenne and cheddar cheese.
- Stir in 1 cup milk.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until combined, about 10 turns.
- Pat to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter or overturned glass to cut the dough into 12 rounds, reshaping the scraps as necessary.
- Place the biscuits 1 inch apart on a nonstick or lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and remaining 1 Tbsp milk.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the egg wash and sprinkle generously with the poppy seeds.
- Bake the biscuits until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.