Chicken and Couscous SaladFrom hayleesgrandma 5 years ago
- Salad: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (5.7-ounce) box uncooked couscous shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 6 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced radishes (about 3 large) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare salad, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous into a large bowl; cool slightly. Add chicken, onions, radishes, cucumber, parsley, and pine nuts; toss gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to combine.
- Note: You can toast nuts quickly in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Stir frequently, and as soon as they become fragrant, remove the nuts from the pan.