Avocado Soup With Marinated ShrimpFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 3 large avocados, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 (14-oz.) cans vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup off-dry white wine (Riesling) (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 pound medium-size peeled and deveined, cooked shrimp shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- Fresh chives, chopped for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Process first 3 ingredients (avocados, vegetable broth, and red pepper) and 1/4 tsp. salt in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Transfer avocado mixture to a bowl; stir in buttermilk, 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, and, if desired, wine until smooth. Place plastic wrap directly on soup, and chill at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- During last 15 minutes of chill time for avocado mixture, combine shrimp, olive oil, lemon zest, and remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 3/4 tsp. salt, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Ladle soup into small bowls, and top each with shrimp. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.