Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom ambauer 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco shopping list
- 1 1/4 dark brown sugar (can use light if you have it, but I like the flavor of dark) shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup AP flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (regular or white whole wheat, can use bread flour too) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (if you want to add 1 cup nuts, cut choc chips down to 1 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together crisco and sugar; add milk , vanilla and egg, and beat until well combined and slightly lightened in color.
- In a small bowl, mix together flours, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips (and nuts if you like).
- Chill dough thoroughly (this is important for chewy cookies, if you prefer crispy, you can skip this).
- Preheat oven to 375. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets (I like to use a cookie scoop and put onto a silicone pan liner).
- Bake cookies 10-13 minutes until slightly browned around the edges.
- Remove cookies to cooling rack.
The Cookambauer Berkeley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!