Tofu ParmesanFrom elle7 7 years ago
How to make it
- Slice tofu into 1/2 inch slices
- lay them between 2 layers of about 6 paper towels and place a heavy book or frying pan on them.
- (you want to squeeze all of the water out of them)
- press them for about 10 minutes (they should be dry and firm.)
- break egg into a bowl and whisk.
- add 1/4 tsp salt to the egg.
- pour flour in a small bowl.
- pour breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in another small bowl.
- pre heat a medium frying pan.
- cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil and set temp to medium.
- dip the tofu into the egg and coat.
- dip the tofu/egg into the flour and coat.
- dip the tofu/egg/flour back into the egg bowl and coat.
- dip the tofu/egg/flour/egg into the breadcrumb/cheese bowl and coat.
- repeat until you have a nice little plate of breaded tofu.
- add each piece to the pan, cooking till each side is golden brown.
- serve with whole wheat pasta and tomato sauce of your choice