Rib-eye steaks in red-wine sauceFrom csmdad 7 years ago
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless rib-eye steaks (2 pounds total) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 3 pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Pat steaks dry, then sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper (total).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until it shimmers, then sauté steaks in 2 batches, turning once, about 4 minutes per batch for medium-rare. Transfer to a large plate and cover with foil.
- Pour off fat from skillet, then sauté garlic in remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until pale golden, about 30 seconds. Add wine and boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water, soy sauce, and any meat juices from plate and boil until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, until slightly thickened. Stir in parsley and pour sauce over steaks.
The Cookcsmdad ALEXANDRIA, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!