Chunky GuacamoleFrom unswissmiss 6 years ago
- 2 hass avocados, ripe (dark-skinned) but not too soft shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- 1/2 small onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper (for a spicy guacamole - use less, if desired) shopping list
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 ripe medium tomato shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the lime in half, and squeeze the juice into the bottom of a bowl.
- Finely dice the onion. Mix well with lime juice and a sprinkling of salt. This will help tone down the sharpness of the onion.
- Finely mince garlic (or run through a garlic press). Add to the mixture.
- Finely mince jalapeno, and add to the bowl.
- Chop the cilantro. Add to the bowl, mixing well.
- Chop the tomato, and add to the bowl. Sprinkle with more salt and mix.
- Cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. With each half, cut a grid in the flesh, scoring all the way to the skin. Press on the skin side to turn the avocado "inside out." Using a knife or a spoon, scrape off the avocado into the bowl.
- Mix well. The avocado will dissolve a little at the edges, but should stay chunky. Adjust salt, if necessary, and serve.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
- Not added to any groups yet!