Cranberry Pork ChopsFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick shopping list
- 1 tablespoon shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat shortening in a heavy skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides.
- Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped onion, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken broth. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine cranberries with apple, sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Spoon mixture over pork chops.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer, or until pork chops are tender and done.