Latvian PiragasFrom shygurrl99 7 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 cups finely chopped ham shopping list
- 1 pound finely chopped bacon shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 2 TB black pepper shopping list
- 1 box Pillsbury hot roll mix shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- Traditionaly, coffee is drunk when making these. You will need some black coffee to add to the beaten egg, but it is optional. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions.
- In a large pan, combine ham, bacon, onion and pepper. Cook on stovetop until the bacon is just barely cooked. Drain excess fat.
- Roll out the dough and place a tablespoon of the filling on the edge of the dough, stretch the dough over the filling and using a glass dipped in flour, use it to cut the dough so you make a half-circle shape with the filling in the middle. Continue making more rolls, rolling out the dough as needed.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet. Brush with beaten egg mixed with a little black coffee.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- You can also add caraway seeds to the dough.
- These freeze well. They never last in our house to have any to freeze!
The Cookshygurrl99 Saginaw, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!