Eggplant And Sweet Potato CurryFrom sunnyflower 7 years ago
- 2 large eggplants (about 1 1/2 lbs each), pricked all over with a fork. shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, membranes removed, and chopped finely shopping list
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 C water shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to broil setting. Put the whole eggplants on a baking sheet and broil, turning occasionally, until charred and soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In large pot, heat oil on medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Ad garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until frangrant, about 1 minute. Stir in coriander, cumin, fennel seeds, and jalapeno and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Add the potatoes, salt, and water. Bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the potatoes begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Cut each eggplant open and spoon the pulp into potato mixture. Simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes more. Add the tomatoes and heat through. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro.
- Serve over basmati or brown rice and top with additional chopped cilantro and fresh tomatoes if desired.
The Cooksunnyflower Winnipeg, CA
The Rating1 people
Loved the dish. Thank you!.
Used Canola oil instead of Olive oil. Used indian small chillies instead of jalapenoes since that's what I got in the Refrigerator.vtmrao in loved it