Lelas HushpuppiesFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Let mixture stand 30 minutes.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Fry, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on wire racks over paper towels; serve hot.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!