Chocolate Date Nut SquaresFrom michelle73 5 years ago
- 1 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Mix dates and first amount of baking soda together and pour boiling water over and stir. Set aside.
- Beat eggs together. Stir in margarine and sugar.
- Beat until well blended and stir in date mixture.
- Add flour, salt and second amount of baking soda and stir.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan. It will be thin and runny.
- Stir topping ingredients together and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and cut into squares.