Curried Wild Rice Squash and Tomato SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 shallot, diced shopping list
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower shopping list
- 4 medium yellow summer squash, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic bulbs (yes, 2 whole ones!) minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh-grated ginger shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 (29-oz) can whole tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup cooked wild rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, saute the shallot, cauliflower and squash in a small amount of non-stick spray for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, curry powder, cumin, cinnamon and ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat everything with spices.
- Add the stock and water, stirring well to dislodge the cooked bits from the pan.
- Add tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the wild rice and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Health Food Junkies423 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members