Vanilla bean ice creamFrom ambauer 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Bring mixture to 170oF, stirring occasionally (bring the mixture barely to a simmer if you don't have a thermometer).
- Remove from heat, let cool and remove the vanilla pod.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers instructions.
- Place the soft-serve consistency ice cream into an air-tight container and freeze at least one hour.