Welsh PastiesFrom westyman 9 years ago
- 2 pasty crusts (rolled out) -- Pre-made are fine if you like to save time. shopping list
- About 4-5 potatoes either 'scalloped' or grated and washed thoroughly to remove their starch. Be sure to drain the water off as it will "drown" the pastry crust if too wet. shopping list
- 1/2 # Cubed beef (almost any cut will do including London Broil). shopping list
- 1 medium diced yellow onion. shopping list
- salt, pepper and garlic powder. shopping list
How to make it
- Take pasty crust and roll out as if you are making a pie.
- On 1/2 of it place a layer of potatoes, diced onions and salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Layer cubed beef over this and add one more layer of potatoes and onion.
- Now salt, pepper and garlic pwder the top.
- Fold over the pastry so you are now making a half circle and crimp aroun the edges like you are making a pie.
- I usually do this on the cookied sheet so I dont have to transfer it.
- Repeat with your second pastry crust and bake both at 350 F for 60 minutes till brown.
- Take out serve with butter and ...at my house Ketsup! They are great as leftover.
- Other variations include using carrots, turnips, parsnips, or rutabegas. I've even tried ham, cheese and broccoli!
The Cookwestyman Palm Springs, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!