Chocolate Glazed Carrot CakeFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups blanched whole almonds shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 3 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 4 squarkes semi sweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter (2/3 stick) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- sweet chocolate glaze: shopping list
- 9 squares German sweet chocolate shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Toast almonds and set aside.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch loaft pan; line bottom with waxed paper and grease again.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Combine raisins and orange juice in small bowl; set aside.
- Cut chocolate in chunks; chop coarsely in food processor or blender with almonds and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl until soft; beat in remaining sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well.
- Stir in flour, nut and raisin mixtures, the carrots, zest and vanilla.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- Top with Sweet Chocolate glaze.
- Sweet Chocolate glaze:
- Melt the German Sweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons butter in saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Gradually blend into confectioners sugar and beat until smooth.
- Top cake.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!