Apple Walnut Oatmel Coffee CakeFrom fireraven 9 years ago
- 1 c old fashioned oats shopping list
- 1 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 c packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 c butter milk shopping list
- 3 tbs molasses shopping list
- 2 c diced peeled granny smith apples (about 2 med) shopping list
- 1 c chopped walnuts, toasted and divided shopping list
- 2/3 c golden rasins shopping list
- 2 tbs raw turbinado sugar or regular granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat over to 350f. Spray 9 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Place oats on baking sheet and bake 8 to 10m or until lightly toasted, cool.
- Process oats in food processor until very finely ground. Whisk oats, flours, baking powder, soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, allspice and salt in large bowl
- Beat brown sugar, eggs and oil in large bowl until blended. Beat in buttermilk and molasses until combined. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in apples, 1/2 c walnuts, and rasins. Spoon batter into pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 c walnuts, raw sugar and 1tsp cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 35-40 min or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temp.
The Cookfireraven Genesee, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!