Sweet And Sour PorkFrom ivy 7 years ago
- Marinating time: at least three hours shopping list
- 1 kilo boneless pork loin, sliced 1 cm thick shopping list
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 can (560 grs) pineapple in juice (cut in quarters and use juice for marinade) shopping list
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/3 cup of milk shopping list
- 1 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 ½ glasses of peppers, green, yellow, red, cut in cubes shopping list
- 1 small orange, cut in cubes shopping list
- 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce shopping list
- Serve with rice pilaf. shopping list
- Add butter and parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cut pork into thin slices, wash and place in a big bowl and marinate with the soy sauce, the vinegar, the pineapple juice, barbecue sauce and the brown sugar for three hours.
- Strain meat but reserve the marinade.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and brown meat but do not put too many pieces together as they will not form a crust but will boil. (I fried them in three batches). When fried remove to a sauce pan and sauté the onion and the peppers. Transfer to sauce pan, add marinade, pineapple, salt and pepper and add water to cover. Place lid on sauce pan and when it has boiled lower heat and simmer for an hour. When meat is tender, add orange and stir in and leave it for 5 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in the milk and stir until sauce is nice and thick.
- Half way through cooking the meat prepare pilaf. Boil water, add salt, reduce heat and boil rice for 15 minutes. Strain any excess water and add 1 spoonful of margarine and parsley and mix