Chipotle Grilled MusselsFrom ern 8 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 large scallions, sliced shopping list
- 2 chipotles en adobo, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 plum tomato, diced shopping list
- 2 pounds mussels (about 36 mussels), scrubbed and debearded shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Heat grill to medium. Evenly distribute butter, scallions, chipotles, cilantro and tomato on the bottom of a large heavy-duty foil cooking bag. Add the mussels and wine; tightly seal the bag. Place bag on a sheet pan, and refrigerate until grill is ready.
- Carefully slide the bag onto grill, and cook until the bag is puffed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Using oven mitts, remove the bag from grill, placing it back onto sheet pan. Carefully unseal the bag (steam will be released) to check that the mussels have opened. If not, reseal, and cook 3 to 5 minutes more. Remove from grill, and carefully cut the bag open, pulling back the foil. Serve immediately, spooning juice in bag over mussels
The Cookern Wilmington, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!