Pita Bread With Baked Spinach DipFrom dugger 10 years ago
- 12 ounces fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, Melted shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 14 0z artichoke hearts, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded & divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 package pita bread shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the spinach in a large bowl or colander. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain well, press between paper towels to dry. Chop spinach into medium pieces.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, chop and remove the tougher parts that don't cut up well.
- Cut the Pita Bread into small triangles. About 2 inches wide by 2 inches long.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cream cheese and garlic, cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts.
- Fold in spinach, artichokes, sour cream and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Transfer mixture to a 1 qt shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot.