Low Fat Chicken Corn ChowderFrom melsa102 7 years ago
- 2 cans corn shopping list
- 2 c. chicken or veg. broth shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c. onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 c. cooked chicken, cubed shopping list
- 2 T corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 c. skim milk shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 T olive oil in small saucepan.
- Saute celery, carrot and onion until slightly softened.
- Do not drain veggies, pour them with any excess oil into soup pot.
- Pour one can of corn and only 1/4 cup of milk into blender.
- Puree until desired consistancy. (I like some lumps)
- Pour puree into large pot.
- Add can of whole kernel corn and broth to soup pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- While that is heating put corn starch into a small bowl.
- Pour in 1/2 T or so of water and stir until paste starts to form.
- Put paste and other 1/4 c. of milk into pot.
- Add chicken and simmer 20 min. (stir often, so bottom won't stick)
The Cookmelsa102 Acworth, GA
The Rating2 people
delicous recipe thnaks great way to fix cornmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Pretty good recipe, but a bit too sweet and bland. Adding some herbs, such as tarragon, marjoram and/or sage add some depth of flavor. A matter taste, but these worked for me.
For the hunters, pheasant works in this recipe very well.Wildgamecook in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!