All American Chocolate CakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small heavy bottomed pan melt chocolate and shortening stirring over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add chocolate mixture, milk and eggs beating until smooth.
- Spread mixture in two greased and floured round cake pans.
- Bake 35 minutes then cool in pans 5 minutes and turn out onto wire rack.