sweet rice MUHAMMARFrom amdsat 6 years ago
How to make it
- Soak together saffron, cardamom, cloves, and rosewater; leave aside to steep.
- Add rice to 6 cups of boiling water: boil to half cooked about 8 minutes; drain.
- Stir sugar through the hot rice
- Heat the ghee or butter in the same pan the rice was boiled and add the sweetened rice. Sprinkle the rose water mix on top
- Cover the rim of pan with a cloth or paper towels and place lid on tightly
- Cook over very low heat about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to serving platter.
- Top with melted butter
- Best eaten with fried king fish or rabbit fish (safee)