Mexican Beef TipsFrom raford 6 years ago
- 1 lb of New York strip, cut into little pieces shopping list
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, skinned, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, drained and hand-crushed shopping list
- Some vegetable oil shopping list
- Some minced garlic to taste (I use two tablespoons of the kind in a jar) shopping list
- Half of a large yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried marjoram shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 cup of beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the meat from the pan.
- Brown the onion in the same pan and then add the garlic and stir for a little while (maybe 45 seconds).
- Add the poblanos, tomatoes, herbs, and simmer.
- Add the beef stock and reduce for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the meat and let it heat through; add salt if necessary.
- Serve with warm tortillas (not in a taco kind of way, but more as a bread). I also serve this dish with a salad made of cabbage, radishes and lime juice topped with homemade guacamole.
- Enjoy your meal.